Everybody likes the sunshine … but rainy days at the Belgian Coast can happen. Here you can have a look at the weather report for the Belgian Coast: Weather Report Belgian Coast
The Free Coast Pass gives you a discount at a lot of attractions amounting to a total of €300! Download and print your Coast Pass and check out what you can do: FREE Coast Pass
I can give you a word of advice on activities while it’s raining or when you want to do something else than going to the beach. Here’s a list of activities close to Bredene:
- Fort Napoleon opens again! The entrance and reception have been totally renovated and the museum experience is also brand new. Nice walk from Bredene to the Fort, only 25 minutes. Recommended! Link: Fort Napoleon, Oostende
- Children’s Farm : De Lange Schuur, Adres: Stuiverstraat 599, 8400 Oostende. Link: De Lange Schuur . It’s FREE to visit and you can have a drink at the cafetaria Opens at 13h00 and the farm is closed on Mondays.
- ‘t Reigershof, a goat farm In Klemskerke is also worth a visit! They have a selection of top cheeses and you can even buy some homemade ice cream. You can visit the goats which is quite a nice experience, especially for children ! Address: Polderstraat 4, 8420 Klemskerke, De Haan. Open on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Check opening hours on the website: ‘t Reigershof
- Swmming Paradise Plopsaqua in De Panne is a classic and top tropical swimming paradise. You can also visit Plopsaland with your kids. World famous in Belgium. Here you can check it out : Plopsaqua De Panne & Plopsaland De Panne
- Have you ever been kissed by a Sea Lion? Well, this is your chance: Sea Life Blankenberge. Meet the seals or more than 2500 other animals. Top attraction for the whole family!
- Seafront is an exiting Theme Park about the sea and shipping, fish and fisheries: Seafront. Discover the secrets of the sea and the rich history of fisheries in the old fish market of Zeebrugge! Take a look behind the scenes of the harbour, while the kids are enjoying themselves on the pirates’ island. Then descend into an authentic Russian submarine and re-emerge on deck of the lightship West-Hinder. Fun for the whole family!
- You always wanted to visit a Reptile Zoo? You can even hug a snake … Serpentarium Blankenberge
- There’s a wonderful museum in Oostende: Mu.ZEE. It tells its stories through a unique collection of Belgian art dating from 1830 to the present day. The specific form of the collection makes it unique within the Flemish museum landscape. The highlights of the Mu.ZEE collection are pieces from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, in particular by James Ensor, Léon Spilliaert and Constant Permeke. Recommended!
- The For Freedom Museum shows the bleak times of the Second World War in a dazzling, realistic way. No single inhabitant of the Zwin region and western Zeeland Flanders was spared hardship and repression between 1940 and 1944. This black period in our history forms the main theme of the museum. More info: For Freedom Museum
- Navigomuseum is also a very special mueum. In the National Fisheries Museum you stroll through the history of the Flemish sea and coastal fishing industry. Shore-based fishing and the story of horseback shrimp fishermen, a unique living tradition in Oostduinkerke, have their place here in the rich museum collection.
- JUMP – FLY – BOUNCE @ Hangtime. 1,000 square meters of trampolines, a giant ball pool and a challenging play zone for the little ones. There’s also an inspiring coffee bar; That’s Hangtime!
- Going to the movies is always a good idea: Kinepolis Oostende